Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Reasonable Doubt (Abortion part 2)

Last time with reason number 1, I focused on fetal personhood. I went through as logically as I could with the only objections I understood. This time I would like to expand the scope to include the main people involved (so I hope).

There has been much research done that has connected physical and psychological trauma on women who have undergone abortions. I am too lazy to actually link you up with the research, instead I offer the pathos arguments here (be careful, some parts of the website are graphic) and then be done with them.

The point I would like to make for this argument is that the one thing that everyone can agree is feminine, whether you are spartan or amazonian or chinese is that women give birth. This is THE feminine trait (I would like to forestall scoffers by saying that men are generally accused (unfairly in some cases) of thinking with theirs). I know that Planned Parenthood and the abortion lobby has done an excellent job of selling how abortion allows control over this gift. This is utter hogwash. What abortion does is destroy that gift. It destroys it to the point that it could be easily said without contradiction that women are just prettier men who only get paid 75%. Women are not less than men, more than men, or the same as men. Women are women and men are men, equal and different. This is neither a prejudiced nor a bigoted statement, though it easily could be taken that way. Abortion is the enemy of feminism, and, as such, is also the enemy of masculinity (think about it, the definitions of the two are intimately linked, you can’t affect one without it affecting the other).


Reason 2: I am against abortion because it actively threatens my ability to be a good man.


God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment