Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm sorry

As I lay down on the bed, settling my mind,
A voice inside me said, "Look at what I've got this time"
I know this song and a feeling of dread
Came rushing along as I lay on my bed

I've tried running and gnashing and complete surrender
Gouging and hashing, cutting off my hand
For the voice leads me to the deepest pits of hell
An addiction dragged me to this pitiful land

For saying yes too many times to the siren's call
My soul writhes and whines as it anticipates my fall
I am powerless in that moment, in that painful moment
The demons laugh at my torment, my self-inflicted torment

I call out to my Lord, but no relief comes
Doubt cuts like a sword, the devils grin and hum
The weightlessness of despair as I fall further than before
I say softly with great care, "I'm sorry." to the one I adore.




God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment