Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Little Lie

Have you ever told a little lie
Or one big fib?
Told it so you wouldn’t cry
In your little crib?

Spoke against the universe
Of your rotten head?
Eloquence, first stale then terse
Plotting on your bed

I saw the cosmos when I looked
Bigger than your heart
Bigger than the tales you’ve cooked
Thinking you were smart

I saw that you were really me
Such a little rat
How can I see reality
With my eyes inside my hat?

‘Behold!’ A voice from heaven shook
Quiet as a mouse
‘My cross and tomb, I bid thee look
And enter in my house’

Brought outside the prison wall
Of my little self
Scared, yet toward my savior’s calls
I run swiftly as an elf

I offer up my childish hand
Swallowed up by His
He leads me to the promised land
Larger still than this




God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment