Sunday, May 8, 2011

Take a walk.

Happy Mother's day! Today's Gospel is the Emmaus Walk, in which we find that walking with Christ is good for the soul. I like walking, a lot. Whenever I think I tend to pace, around a table, back and forth down a hall. Walkings helps to clear away distractions so that I may enter other worlds easily. It also allows energy to be expended, and is good exercise.

One of my favorite places to pray the rosary is in a cemetery. It is relatively quiet, with the occasional moaning, and the rare instance of groan "Braaiins". Truly the animated denizens don't usually bother me, and in case they do a pouch of blessed salt and a slingshot make sure that there is no real danger.

Take a walk, there's good exercise, a possibilty of Buffy-style civil service (Z instead of V), and it is a good opportunity to converse. Converse with friends, with Christ, with your mother, after all it is Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment