Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Worry

Hello friends,

So I was reading this article by the auther of BadCatholicBlog, and it was just someting I needed to read.

Anyway it inspired me to write a poem, because that is the kind of oddball God made me.



No longer foolish mortals be
For God the fool made blind to see
Gave each of his body part
and asks that we should worry not

For worry does not do at all
It merely causes us to stall
We should yell and cry on high
And let His love within us lie

For with the Spirit nothing shall
ever harm us or evil befell
the innocent or guilty alike
He sees us each and all in sight

And NOW is when we shall be
Tis NOW not THEN or WILL is me
And NOW is where my God is
Our troubles NOW become His

What foolish mortals should we be?
If we who see, the blind should be?
If we should fail to do our part
And fill with worry our stone cold heart?


God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

2 comments:

  1. Joshua, you need to know that this is pretty good. I haven't really been following your blog admittedly, but I enjoyed this one--no joke.

    Hoping everything is going well. I know I've had a new wave of blessings, but am definitely excited to go back to school, away from the "real world"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Another comment! I'm glad you enjoyed this (I hope you meant the poem because I didn't write the article).

    Things have stalled, which is why I needed to read the article, but other than that I'm fine. But Jacob, the 'real world' isn't real, the truly real world is where God is.

    Grapes sound nice...

    ReplyDelete