Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Friend and Brother

What a dreary day, my friend
So many lives are lost to wander
And in their thoughts appear to ponder
Nothing in the end

      It is a glorious day, dear brother
      Many lives are birthed, are found
      Growing up through humble ground
      Watered by another

I object my dearest friend
To your optimistic blunder
The whole world is being blown asunder
We are nothing in the end

      It is not optimism, brother
      To smell love in a rose's bloom
      To see hope in an empty tomb
      Prepared for another

You are right, sweet foolish friend
Not optimism but sheer madness
Can see joy in grief and sadness
Hope in dismal end

      Am I insane, my brother
      To see Truth with Iris's shades
      As well as non-chromatic blades?
      To accept salvation from another?






God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment