Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fellow Traveler

An attempt at a poetic story thinggummie



I happened to meet a fellow traveler
About the time my quest began
Like me he prized duty and valor
And our time together was quite grand

He told me he was duty bound
To search for an invisible treasure
From west to east from sky to ground
He must take every measure

This transparent gem for which
He must recover for his clan
Has no color, texture, or pitch
Has never been seen by any man

I asked him how he was to find it
If he couldn't sense a single part
He said that he would use his wit
And store the treasure in his heart

Then I asked if I could help search
He said I had already done enough
The treasure had found its perch
He smiled and said his quest was rough

It was over when you offered your help
For I searched for the sincerity of man
Stolen when mankind was but a whelp
By the serpent's trick were we thus damned

Now to my father I must return
For joy have I found on this earth
My heart in sacrifice will burn
For an honest man has proved its worth




God bless,
>P<
Joshua Fahey

No comments:

Post a Comment